Wednesday, November 01, 2006

34 Degrees

We had a nice little cold snap this morning, with the temperature going down to about 34 degrees. The good thing is that the wind died down from about 20-25 mph to about 8-10 mph.

Today’s cycling kit consisted of (top-to-bottom)
Helmet cover
Thin balaclava
Long sleeve poly base layer
Short sleeve jersey
Arm warmers
Shell
Lined gloves
Shorts
Thin tights
Knee warmers
Poly socks
Wool socks
Summer MTB shoes

I was nice and comfortable without being too warm on my 4 ½ mile ride. I think today's outfit should suffice down to 25-30 degrees. Below that (or if the windchill is really low) I’ll go to my fleece balaclava, lined jacket and wind-front tights. I think maybe I should also get some really thin gloves to wear inside my lined gloves. And while I’m dreaming, why not order a pair of winter riding shoes?

Whatever I wear in the morning, I have to remember that it’ll probably be in the 50’s when I ride home that evening, so I need to bring light clothes to wear then. Ah, Oklahoma weather ... gotta love it !

No comments: