Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Patio Cover Update

I know you've been waiting with bated (baited ? ) breath. The exterior of the patio cover is completed, along with a new roof on the entire house. I still need to install the soffits, ceiling, lights and ceiling fan, and do the painting and trimming. But it's usable now, and it's really nice here in what is normally sunny (but recently rainy) SW Oklahoma.


One of the fun things about building projects is that they sometimes provide justification for new toys ... er, I mean tools. Today I used my new Dewalt reciprocating saw for the first time. It's really nice. Didn't take long for me to become comfortable with it.



Here's a pic of how nicely it works. You can see a row of rafters, the ends of which I needed to cut off. It was the perfect tool for the job.




1 comment:

ladyBsmiles said...

very nice job on the patio cover! WOW, realy adds to the house size! looks wonderful. Enjoy an unbrella drink, sitting there, for me too please!
and as Pat would say...."new tools, good...play with new toys...err umm tool...yeah tool!"