Saturday, November 10, 2007

Productive Fun

It was a beautiful Saturday. I started the day in the cool, foggy morning by riding my bicycle around the neighborhood to checkout the local garage sales. By nine o'clock the temperature was perfect for working in the garage/workshop with the garage door open, and it stayed perfect all day.

We hung the plate rack in the kitchen. My lovely wife had done nearly all the painting, and it looks nice.


I had been looking around for an outfeed roller stand to use with my Shopsmith table saw and my bandsaw. The tables on both of those machines are fairly high, and all the roller stands I've seen locally are too low for my use. So, I decided to do the only reasonable thing ... make one. Besides, what's the purpose of a workshop if not to make things. And what better things to make than things to help you make things with.

I drew up quick plans during a break at work last week, started cutting the boards last night, and finished the stand today. Recognize the roller? It's a $ 4.95 rolling pin from the local big box store.



No comments: