Sunday, October 01, 2006

Way too long ...

Yep, it's been way too long since I've posted here. You know how it gets; you miss a few days, then weeks, and before you know it, it's been so long since you've posted that you feel like starting over.

It's been busy around here, that's for sure. Long hot summer & fall, working some overtime, travelling for my work about once a month. Managed to get in a couple of organized rides: The Hotter 'n Hell Hundred in Wichita Falls was good this year, except it was so hot that the organizers closed the 100 mile course early. I did the 100k again this year. Saw some friends there that I hadn't seen for a while.



A couple of weeks ago my wife and I did a short local ride. The wind was brutal on the way out, but riding with the wind back into town was nice. The organizers in the small town were really friendly.

Since I've last posted I've also done a little home improvement. Because our son is now a sophomore in college, we've converted his bedroom into an office / computer space for ourselves. That required painting and new trim. We also installed closet organizers and new closet doors in our master bedroom.

My current project is another batch of Shaker oval boxes. I like to make several sets of boxes as gifts each Christmas. This year my wife and I are planning to build and finish 10 sets of 5 boxes, some of them in traditional milk paint, and some in a clear finish to show off the cherry wood. If we don't end up giving them all away we may try selling some.

I'm still commuting to work by bicycle, using my old Nashbar Touring exclusively now. Even though the morning temperatures are still in the 50's and 60's I'm getting ready for the cold weather. I've already purchased some cold weather gear which should outfit me better than last year. I'll report on how it goes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bet you look HOT in your cold weather gear. Especially if you have some of those snappy ankle reflectors. They are just like...WOW.