Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Patio Cover Day 5

On day 3 my wife and I put up the joists you see in the above picture. Day 4 was a bust due to rain.

Here on day 5, if you look closely you can see that I ripped the shingles off the house where the patio cover will intersect. It took all day. (well, yes it took nearly an hour to get ready because I had to unbury my extension ladder from where I had it stored because I knew I wouldn't need it ... until now). But as I was saying, it took all day because there were two layers of old shingles to remove, and they were brittle and stuck together from many years of sitting in the baking Oklahoma sun.

My wife and I loaded them all into the back of my pickup where they now sit waiting to be unloaded at the dump.

If tomorrow goes well, we'll have a new layer of felt on the old part of the roof, and a good many of the rafters put up for the new part. So far so good.

No comments: