Friday, July 18, 2008

Better Than New


A few months back one of my favorite watches went on the blink. It was a nice Swiss Army cavalry watch that my eldest daughter gave me more than ten years ago. Needless to say, I was disappointed when replacing the battery didn’t help.

After a quick visit to the very helpful Swiss Army (now Victorinox) web site, I sent the watch with a note to their Authorized Service Center.

Yesterday the UPS guy brought my repaired watch to my door. I couldn’t be happier with the results. Except for the new leather band which matches the original perfectly and which I couldn't find anywhere else, the watch looks just like it did when I sent it away. The character marks (scratches) are still there on the bezel and crystal, so it still looks 10+ years old, but runs like new. To me, having my old favorite back is better than buying a new one – especially at one-fifth the price.

It’s also nice to be able to report that customer service is not a thing of the past!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah...if the first one didn't go through.

Unknown said...

BTW, that picture is upside down.

Caroline said...

Oldies are always the best. And the memories w/them don't hurt any.

Love that previous quote. I'm gonna grab it. LOL