Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Morning Walk with Animals

I’ve been reading Cesar Millan’s book, Cesar’s Way. In the book he talks a lot about how a dog’s formost need is exercise. So, trying to be a responsible pet owner, I’ve begun taking one of our dogs for a daily walk. It turns out that walking a dog correctly requires much more effort and attention from me than I had anticipated, so I’m starting with one dog. Hopefully I can begin to take the other dog on combined or separate walks soon.

Today we were out for a little over an hour. We made our way through the neighborhood, across Main Street, and made a one-mile loop around the city reservoir. We met some interesting animals on the way:

Several humans

Several dogs being walked by the humans (or vice versa)

Some ducks , some geese, and miscellaneous songbirds

A yellow crowned night heron (Nycticorax violaceus)

A giant desert centipede (Scolopendra polymorpha)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That centipede looks YUCKY! ICK! Love ya, Kelley

ladyBsmiles said...

in spirit i will ride with you! I enjoy the breezes that blow! kinda like a dog with his head out the window!
Beth

Caroline said...

Anyone who loves animals is tops w/me. I always "suspect" someone who doesn't care for them. LOL

Interesting walk, I'd say! I'd love to have been along!