Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Hello BOB















I've been advertising in the local on-line swap shop for a touring bike. The prospects are slim I know. There probably isn't even one real touring bike in this small town, especially since I live on the windy plains where sane people don't ride bicycles. So, I probably won't find a used touring bike this way.

But ... look at the nice little Bridgestone 200 I did pick up. It's not top of the line by any means, but I kinda like it. I think it's about a 1986 model. I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet, but hey, a guy can't have too many bikes, can he? If nothing else I'll use it as a loaner or end up giving it to someone in need of a light roadster.

Maybe this weekend I'll rebuild the hubs, and maybe the bottom bracket and headset. It's been sitting a while, so the grease is probably dried out. If I find anything interesting it post it.
(By the way, yes, the picture is upside down ... it was taken while the bike was hanging in the previous owner's garage.)

No comments: