Saturday, December 31, 2005

Shaker Oval Boxes


Every year I plan to make at least some of the family presents in my woodshop. Ok, so I don’t really have a dedicated woodshop, but I do have a garage, and sometimes the garage is a woodshop. I can re-configure the garage in about ten minutes from parking garage to bike shop to woodshop. So, anyway, this year we decided that my honey’s mother and sister should each receive a set of Shaker oval boxes.

Now, I’ve made these oval boxes before, and if you’re careful they’re pretty easy. One year I made five sets of five boxes for different family members. My problem is one of timing. Like, I don’t give myself enough time. I had planned to start this little project in September and finish early. But, no, I didn’t even order the materials until around Thanksgiving. So again this year I worked to a tight schedule. But as you can see, they turned out ok. Hope they like them!

No comments: