Sunday, January 08, 2006

Goodbye BOB

Well I've nearly finished overhauling the old Bridgestone 200. I'm waiting on a freewheel remover tool that I've ordered so that I can overhaul the rear hub, and I still need to adjust the derailleurs since putting them back on the bike. Over the past couple of weeks I've completely gone through the bike cleaning, adjusting, and lubricating. I've gotten a chance to use some of the tools I've recently acquired and to have lots of fun taking things apart (and so far being able to put them back together!).

I learned how to decode the serial number and discovered that it was made in 1985. I also had a good time measuing and recording all the specifications for the bike, including its geometry and gear ratios.

I've decided I won't be keeping this bike. My buddy Maggot needs a road bike, and I need a Blackburn rear rack he has, so we decided on a swap. He should replace the bar tape and a couple cables, but otherwise she's ready to roll. It's good to put a 20 year veteran back on the road.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maggot?! He's a buddy and you call him Maggot. Hmmmmmm I wonder what he calls you? :)