Monday, March 03, 2008

Thinking About Vacation

With the advent of spring just around the corner, I find myself thinking about vacation. It’s a pleasant diversion to think about ways my lovely wife and I may be able to disappear for some R & R.

First, I want to ensure that my wife gets at least one vacation trip this year doing something that she wants to do, not just compromising for the sake of family convenience or going along with something I want. With raising kids (nearly finished), running a household, managing finances, and putting up with me, her vacation-low-level light is on bright.

If I had to guess, I’d say that her idea of a good vacation probably leans toward things like cruises, beaches, massages, nice hotels, good food and entertainment. She loves taking pictures, and she likes to do new and interesting things, as long as she doesn’t have to get too dirty or sweaty. I remember how she enjoyed the guided kayak river trip in Belize, and ocean jet skiing in Haiti.

Trouble is, since she’s so selfless, she’s reluctant to take any time for herself or spend any money on herself.

I’ll probably do the OK Freewheel (bike tour) again this year. But there’s so much to do here in Oklahoma, we have no excuse for staying home and doing nothing. I need to go through our stack of OK Travel brochures and start circling things. Time’s a-wastin’.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel so loved. Thank you.